CRANBROOK & SISSINGHURST PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE PLANNING & PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
HELD ON 5TH JULY 2022
Declaration of Interests, Dispensations and Predetermination:
Members are required to declare any interests, dispensations or predetermination on items on this agenda. Members are reminded that changes to the Register of Interests should be notified to the Clerk.
Present: Cllr. Bunyan (Chairman), Cllrs. Hatcher, Kings and Gilbert
17 Turner Avenue Cranbrook Kent TN17 3BX
Single storey extension at the rear of the property
Inglewood Wilsley Pound Sissinghurst Cranbrook Kent
Removal of Carport, Erection single storey side extension, Erection of Front Porch Extension, Roof Extension to provide loft conversion, Addition or rear dormer and roof light.
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Kings, seconded by Cllr. Hatcher and agreed.
Chapel Farm Chapel Lane Sissinghurst TN17 2JN
Minor-material amendment in relation to application 17/04293/FULL, (Permission for 3 bay detached garage with room above, in place of approved 2 bay garage).
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL on condition that the building remains ancillary to the main property and is not sold off separately in the future, proposed by Cllr. Hatcher, seconded by Cllr. Kings and agreed.
St. George’s Institute The Street Sissinghurst
Demolition of the existing St George’s Institute building and erection of a new building providing community facilities, community parking spaces, improved access arrangement, 19 dwellings and associated landscaping and infrastructure
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL on condition that the following comments are taken into consideration:
1. Maintain possible rear access for numbers 1-4 Oliver Cottages.
2. Confirm that dwellings will be fitted with Photo Voltaic panels where suitable.
3. Biodiversity. It was considered that this could be better achieved within the bounds of the development by planting hedges instead of close boarded fencing. Concern was expressed about the proposed hedging to the front (road side) of the Jubilee Field for security reasons if the hedge were to be allowed to grow any higher than it currently is. Increasing the width of the rear hedge would impinge on the play area. The hedges would be difficult to maintain due to potential height and greatly increased width.
4. The Parish Council would oppose the introduction of any new double yellow lines by KCC.
5. The Parish Council would like to have a representative on the Management Company.
6. Ensure that the Public Right of Way through the development is adopted by KCC.
Proposed by Cllr. Gilbert, seconded by Cllr. Kings and agreed.
Note: The Planning Committee is not aware of a formal agreement with the developer to use the Jubilee Field for the biodiversity improvement.
17 Joyce Close Cranbrook, Kent. TN17 3LZ
OAK (T1) – Reduce tree back to previous pollard points; OAK (T2) – Reduce tree bac to previous pollard points and removal of lowest limb.
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Bunyan, seconded by Cllr. Hatcher and agreed.
PLANNING APPEAL DECISION:
Appeal Ref: APP/M2270/W/21/3277310
Land adjacent Frisco Cottage, Hawkhurst Road, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 3PU
Erection of 2 No detached two bedroom dwellings with the provision of associated access, parking, amenity, landscaping and bio-diverse enhancements.
The appeal was allowed and Planning Permission GRANTED.
TWBC PLANNING DECISIONS:
The Clerk read out the decisions received from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
(a) It was agreed to keep the meeting on a Tuesday morning at present, however this would be raised at Full Council for discussion.
(b) Cllr. Hatcher commented that the decision regarding the Turnden Site had been delayed and no timescale was available.
(c) The NDP would be submitting the document to Full Council to gain approval for it to be submitted to TWBC.