Due to the rise in COVID-19 infections across the whole of the UK, new national restrictions have been implemented in England. From 5 November until 2 December you must:
- Stay at home, except for specific purposes.
- Avoid meeting people you do not live with, except for specific purposes.
- Close certain businesses and venues.
(See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november for full details)
These measures will apply in England only, at the end of four weeks, the UK government will look to return to a regional approach, based on the latest data.
This means that non-essential businesses have had to close. As many of our High Street shops offer on-line shopping, where possible, please prioritise shopping locally so that together we can rebuild our local economy and enable it to thrive. A summary of what local businesses are offering can be accessed by following this link https://cranbrookandsissinghurstpc.co.uk/lockdown-business-register-winter-2020/
The Parish Council will continue to receive calls on our normal telephone number 01580 713112, via the COVID Helpline number 0300 770 2262 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful to the large majority of parishioners who continue to demonstrate good sense and respect for others; and particularly to all those who have helped in so many ways since the first lockdown began.
Schools and some shops will remain open, but please remember the importance of social distancing. Wear masks, if possible, particularly if you are unable to remain 2 metres apart (face coverings are mandatory in shops, except for those with exemption).
Playgrounds also remain open, but, please continue to observe the playground rules:
* Follow the Government rules on social distancing and stay 1m+ apart from others, and 2m if possible.
* Please wait until it’s your turn to play and don’t overcrowd the playground.
* Limit your time to allow others to play.
* Only one household at a time on the multi-play units please.
* Please provide your own hand sanitizer, and use it before and after using the play equipment. We advise to wipe the equipment at touch points before use if possible. Please dispose wipes/gloves in the bins provided.
* Washing your hands is one of easiest ways to protect yourself and others from the virus. Avoid touching your face before your hands are washed. As soon as you can, wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
* Please do not consume food or drink in the playground.
- 25.11.20 – TWBC have notified us that due to a serious accident this morning, the regular waste collection services is ...Read full story
- We have received reports of a phishing email currently circulating in the UK and being received by Kent residents. The email ...Read full story
- Each year there are around 1600 avoidable winter deaths across the county. We want your help to reduce this number ...Read full story
- Join the national effort and sign up for the NHS COVID-19 vaccine research registry. Be part of the fightback against ...Read full story
- https://cranbrookandsissinghurstpc.co.uk/lockdown-business-register-winter-2020/Read full story
- The fun never stops with our fun half-term activities! Check out our Facebook page: Kent Libraries, Registration & Archives For lots of great activities: Story ...Read full story
- Things have to be a bit different this year, but you will be able to get your poppy. POPPY STALLS, at ...Read full story
- A Meeting of the PLANNING AND PRESERVATION MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE will be held remotely on TUESDAY 20th OCTOBER 2020 at 9.15am. ...Read full story
- Opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 10am – 4pm and Saturdays 10am to 2pm. They have computers available, for scanning, printing ...Read full story
- Our projects involve the replacement of old, metal gas mains with new plastic pipe as part of our commitment to ...Read full story