Things have to be a bit different this year, but you will be able to get your poppy.
- POPPY STALLS, at the Co-op and outside the Vestry Hall. Saturday 31 October and Thursday 5th, Friday 6th and Saturday 7th November, 10.00 am to 2.00 pm. Some of the “fancy” Poppy Appeal items will also be available. You will be able to make your donation by:
†QR CODE using your phone’s camera;
†TEXT from your phone;
†CASH into a bucket and help yourself poppy tray.
- Self service in selected shops and other establishments. Cash or, in some cases, QR Code.
Remembrance Sunday in Cranbrook Sunday 8th November 2020
Changes to the usual arrangements due to the pandemic:
* There will be no parade.
* St Dunstan’s Service at 10.30am until 11.00am – 2 minute silence and Last Post/Reveille. By INVITATION ONLY. Live on www.facebook.com/stdunstanschurch.
* Names of Cranbrook war dead on display boards in the churchyard. Those unable to attend the service may gather round one of the boards socially distanced.
* Wreaths to be laid on Cranbrook School Gym Lawn. INVITATION ONLY. Wreath layers to assemble at 10.45 am. Silence and Last Post shared with St Dunstan’s congregation. Strict social distancing. Live on www.facebook.com/cranbrookpoppyappeal.
* People not attending any central activity are invited to stand outside their front doors for a two minute silence at 11.00am. Many will be able to hear the Church clock and Last Post/Reveille from the Church tower.
“When you go home, tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today!” The Kohima Epitaph.