CRANBROOK & SISSINGHURST PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE PLANNING & PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
HELD ON 5TH OCTOBER 2021
Declaration of Interests, Dispensations and Predetermination:
Members are required to declare any interests, dispensations or predetermination on items on this agenda. Members are reminded that changes to the Register of Interests should be notified to the Clerk.
Present: Cllr. Smith (in the Chair), Cllrs. Gilbert, Fermor, Bunyan, Hatcher and Kings
Stoke House High Street Cranbrook Kent TN17 3LH
Proposed new 3-bed residential dwelling within the amenity curtilage of Stoke House, and new highway access to High Street serving the existing and proposed dwelling
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Bunyan, seconded by Cllr. Fermor and agreed.
Merrydown Rope Walk Cranbrook Kent TN17 3DZ
Proposed extension and alterations as previously approved (ref. 21/00429). Whole house to be clad at first floor level and replacement windows.
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Hatcher, seconded by Cllr. Gilbert and agreed.
Land At Common Road Sissinghurst Cranbrook Kent
Approval of Reserved Matters (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale) following outline permission for 19/03625/OUT – Erection of up to 18 residential dwellings with associated highways, landscaping and open space infrastructure.
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Smith, seconded by Cllr. Kings and agreed subject to the following amendments:
- Parish Council would like to know how the affordable housing is to be allocated. Also, would prefer the affordable housing to be distributed throughout the site.
- Section 106 – Parish Council would like to see some of the money allocated being used in Sissinghurst, particularly St. Georges Institute which is due to be rebuilt.
- The Parish Council request that the pond is securely fenced. Concern was expressed that the pond may drain on to the school site.
- The housing in the North East Section should be relocated on the school side to minimize the visual impact on the approach into the village. Also, footpath access required from North corner to the primary school.
- Parish Council are still very concerned regarding the proposed access in relation to the school overflow parking on the road reducing sight lines.
Chilworth High Street Cranbrook Kent TN17 3DT
Construction of an outdoor swimming pool and associated poolhouse
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Fermor, seconded by Cllr. Hatcher and agreed, subject to the Conservation Officers views.
Breach Wood Goudhurst Road Cranbrook Kent TN17 2LJ
Demolition of existing two storey dwelling and erection of 1.5 storey replacement dwelling
The Parish Council recommended REFUSAL proposed by Cllr. Gilbert, seconded by Cllr. Smith and agreed. Reason for refusal:
- The Parish Council refused this application due to lack of information. They would expect to have more details such a Design and Access Statement.
White Ash Farm Starvenden Lane Sissinghurst Cranbrook Kent TN17 2AN
Demolition of mobile home with lawful residential use, several outbuildings, and the erection of a detached four bedroom dwelling with associated amenity and parking.
The above appeal was noted.
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER:
Hunters House Angley Road Cranbrook TN17 2LE
Trees: T1 (POPLAR) – Fell; T2 (POPLAR) – Prune back to existing pollard points
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL, proposed by Cllr. Fermor, seconded by Cllr. Smith and agreed, subject to the TWBC Tree Officers views.
TWBC PLANNING DECISIONS:
The Clerk read out the decisions received from Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION: