CRANBROOK & SISSINGHURST PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE PLANNING & PRESERVATION COMMITTEE
HELD ON 6th JULY 2021
Declaration of Interests, Dispensations, Predetermination or Lobbying:
Members are required to declare any interests, dispensations, predetermination or lobbying on items on this agenda. Members are reminded that changes to the Register of Interests should be notified to the Clerk.
Present: Cllr. Bunyan took the Chair, Cllrs. Fermor, Gilbert, Hartley and Kings
Apologies: Cllr. Smith.
Turnden Hartley Road Cranbrook Kent TN17 3QX
The erection of a replacement farmhouse, three additional dwellings (Plots 37-39), and the re-design of Plots 1-3 within the development for 36 dwellings approved under 18/02571/FULL (Phase 1), together with associated parking, car barns, and hard and soft landscaping work.
The Parish Council recommended REFUSAL for the following reasons:
- Firstly, in principle the Parish Council do not object to the redevelopment of the farmhouse However, they suggest that the bricks should be laid in English Bond, not Stretched Bond using lime mortar to match the original building. Kent Peg Tiles – new or second-hand, should be used for the roof and hanging tiles.
- With regard to the additional and re-design of plots sustainability is limited with no provision for PV or solar panels or air source heat pumps.
- Each dwelling should be fitted with car charge points.
- The additional houses would be better suited to the needs of the Parish if they were 2/3 bedrooms.
- Regarding landscaping block paving would be more in keeping rather than tarmac.
- Units 1-3 the roof gables on one side make them appear lopsided. Half hipped or hipped on both sides would be a better design.
Proposed by Cllr. Gilbert, seconded by Cllr. Hatcher and agreed.
40 Turner Avenue Cranbrook Kent TN17 3BX
Erection of a single storey pitched roof side extension and enlargement of front porch, alterations to existing porch fenestration, internal alterations and associated hard and soft landscaping alterations.
Staddleden, Starvenden Lane Sissinghurst Cranbrook TN17 2AN
Construction of new oak framed garage/store
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Hatcher, seconded by Cllr. Kings and agreed.
14 Oatfield Close Cranbrook Kent TN17 3NH
Single storey rear extension
The Parish Council recommended APPROVAL proposed by Cllr. Kings, seconded by Cllr. Fermor and agreed.
Land At Oakhurst Farm Turnden Road Cranbrook Kent TN17 3QL
Erection of a replacement dwelling in place of the part of the existing commercial workshop with extant planning consent for alterations and conversion to a dwelling (planning application reference TW/19/02134)
Members noted the above appeal – no further comments.
3 Hartleylands Swattenden Lane Cranbrook
Variation of Condition 3 (No. of stationed caravans) of Planning Permission 12/03241/FUL (Use of the land for the stationing of caravans for residential purposes for 1No. gypsy pitch) – Condition 3 –
Variation in number of caravans stationed on site to 6
Members agreed to make no further comments. However, the Clerk was asked to contact the Planning Officer, as they were surprised the appeal was allowed as it had exceeded the six month time limit.
TWBC PLANNING DECISIONS:
The Deputy Clerk read out the planning decisions.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION:
None were raised.