NDP Minutes 28.09.20

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE CRANBROOK & SISSINGHURST NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN STEERING GROUP HELD ON 28th SEPTEMBER 2020

PRESENT:  Cllr. Warne (in the Chair), Cllrs. Gilbert, Hatcher, Smith and Pethurst, Annie Hopper, Marion Cranmer, Liz Daley, June Bell, Jeremy Boxall and Matt Warne

APOLOGIES:  None received

Cllr. Warne read out the following statement:

Members are required to declare any interests, dispensations, predetermination on items on this agenda in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct.  Members are reminded that changes to the Register of Interests should be notified to the Clerk.

Cllr. Warne declared an interest under the site assessments regarding site 122 which had been put forward by a relative.  Cllrs. Warne, June Bell, Matt Hartley and Annie Hopper declared a personal interest as members of the CVLT (Crane Valley Land Trust).  Annie Hopper, June Bell and Liz Daley declared an interest as members of Hartley Save Our Fields Action Group.  Members of the various Advisory Groups declared an interest as necessary.

  1. Report of zoom meeting with Richard Eastham:

Cllr. Warne reported on a recent meeting held virtually with Richard Eastham and members of the NDP Steering Group.  He gave very helpful ideas on how Cranbrook and Sissinghurst Draft Neighbourhood Development Plan Regulation 14. Consultation events could take place. The consultation will run from Friday 16th October 2020 to Friday 11th December 2020.

Richard Eastham would produce an information video for the website which take the format of informing parishioners about the NDP its aims and objectives. He also agreed to attend face to face online meetings on Wednesday 4th November at 7.30 and Wednesday 2nd December at 7.30pm. Richard Eastham would also be producing the questionnaire on behalf of the Steering Group.  It was hoped to set up Eventbrite online meetings which parishioners would have to register to attend and the invitation details would be published just before the meeting starts.  This would be an awareness exercise to inform the public on how to complete the questionnaire with a Question and Answer session.  Cllr. Warne stated that there was concern regarding running face to face meetings and consultation due to the current Covid 19 pandemic. A great deal of discussion took place on whether to hold face to face consultation or not. 

Cllr. Warne proposed cancel face to face consultation and rely on virtual events, having already carried out a great deal of consultation via the Parish Cake, seconded by Cllr. Pethurst and agreed.

Cllr. Pethurst proposed that the Covid telephone number could be used on posters and articles as a contact point for residents to get help with filling in the questionnaire.  This could be manned by the Parish Office during office hours and be turned to voicemail audio file when not manned.  This is not for responses to the plan.

-2-

Cllr. Hatcher agreed to update the website so that the full NDP Regulation 14. document could be seen in full and also the questionnaire for making responses on the main page.

Richard Eastham pointed out that it was important to inform the 14 statutory bodies at least 4 days before the beginning of consultation.  Cllr. Warne had asked Deborah Dixon TWBC Planning Officer, for the contact details, however had not yet received a response.

2.  Liaison with TWBC:

Cllr. Warne had contacted Deborah Dixon for advice on how the evidence should be archived when the Draft NDP Consultation goes before the Inspectorate. 

3.  Draft Reg. 14 Document:

Cllr. Warne informed members that Cllr. Pethurst has kindly taken on the task of going through the draft document working on the referencing.  June Bell commented that the Heritage and Design Chapter was not the most recent.  The up to date version would be sent to Cllr. Pethurst to update etc. 

The Draft Reg. 14 Document consists of the following:

9 Chapters, Vision & Objectives, Introduction, Spread Sheet of Policies and Attributing Objectives, Glossary of Terms, Timeline, Maps (including those for the proposed safety crossings).

4.  Project Timetable:

A copy of the project timetable had been forwarded to members and is attached to the minutes for information.

5.  Public Consultation:

The consultation would take place on line – banners and posters to be produced by Tally Wade (Coffee Shop Media).  A copy of the art work to be forwarded to Cllr. Hatcher for use on the NDP website.  All posters etc., to give the Covid telephone contact details and www.cranbrookandsissinghurstndp.co.uk website page, encouraging the public to make comments on the questionnaire on line.  Large banners are to be displayed at prominent places in Cranbrook and Sissinghurst.  It was agreed to follow advice given by Richard Eastham and have a super mini version of the questionnaire in the December issue of the Parish Cake, however encouraging residents to complete the full questionnaire.  Cllr. Fletcher had suggested that shop keepers could display NDP information and Cllr. Warne would consult with Richard Eastham on how best to achieve this.  Any information needed to be easy to read and engage with in her view.

Cllr. Hatcher kindly agreed to place posts on Cranbrook Chat Facebook advertising the zoom/eventbrite meetings and to encourage responses to the draft local plan consultation.  Jeremy Boxall informed NDP members that Sissinghurst Parish Magazine would be happy to include an article which could link to the questionnaire.  Cllr. Warne agreed to write an article, the deadline for which is 9th October.  The Parish Magazine was also emailed and these contacts could be used to publicise events as necessary.

-3-

6.  Stakeholder Engagement:

Cllr. Warne had been invited to attend a meeting with Cranbrook School Trustees on 9th October for an update on their proposals.  She would take notes and report back to the Committee.  There had been no other stakeholder engagement.

7.  Any Other Business:

Liz Daley asked if a response was being forwarded on behalf of the NDP to the White Paper on proposed changes to the Planning Regulations.  Cllr. Warne responded that she happy to undertake a response and encourage members to email her with their views.

Date of Next Meeting – 26th October 2020 at 7pm

Skip to content