Cranbrook and Sissinghurst Parish Council serves an exceptionally beautiful and commercially significant swathe of the Weald of Kent.
The attractive market town of Cranbrook and the nearby pretty village of Sissinghurst form the nucleus of a vibrant and diverse community bounded by ancient woods and forests and enclosing rich farmland.
The varied landscape and the vagaries of history have shaped both the character and appearance of the area. The Union Windmill symbolises the crucial role of agriculture in the region while the magnificent St Dunstan’s Church recalls the prosperous medieval cloth industry. Cranbrook School, founded in 1518, is a powerful presence in the town, a constant reminder of the importance of youth and the future within a historic context. The potent attraction of historic buildings is perfectly exemplified by Sissinghurst Castle Gardens – a world famous, much visited National Trust property with a fascinating past.
Cranbrook and Sissinghurst Parish Council is dedicated to preserving its remarkable legacy by fostering an environment in which farming, education and tourism can continue to thrive and benefit local businesses and services.
- Urgent Road Closure – Chapel Lane, Cranbrook – 6th March 2023 It will be necessary to close Chapel Lane, Cranbrook from ...Read full story
- Temporary Road Closure – Chapel Lane, Cranbrook – 6th March 2023 for 5 days The road will be closed for the entire length. The alternative route is ...Read full story
- NEWS from The Crane and Old School Surgery Team Dear Patients, Families and Friends, Thank you for all your ...Read full story
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council’s Cost-of-Living Support digital hub is now live on their council’s websiteThe hub details what cost-of-living support is available from the government as well as containing links to relevant council services, ...Read full story
- Purpose of this Note This Note sets out the basis on which the examination of the neighbourhood plan will be undertaken. ...Read full story
- Because of a new drainage connection, Kent County Council intends to make an Order to temporarily prohibit through traffic on part of A229 ...Read full story