Click here to read more about
Casual Vacancy for Parish Councillor
Cranbrook and Sissinghurst Parish Council serves an exceptionally beautiful and commercially significant swathe of the Weald of Kent.
The attractive market town of Cranbrook and the nearby pretty village of Sissinghurst form the nucleus of a vibrant and diverse community bounded by ancient woods and forests and enclosing rich farmland.
The varied landscape and the vagaries of history have shaped both the character and appearance of the area. The Union Windmill symbolises the crucial role of agriculture in the region while the magnificent St Dunstan’s Church recalls the prosperous medieval cloth industry. Cranbrook School, founded in 1518, is a powerful presence in the town, a constant reminder of the importance of youth and the future within a historic context. The potent attraction of historic buildings is perfectly exemplified by Sissinghurst Castle Gardens – a world famous, much visited National Trust property with a fascinating past.
Cranbrook and Sissinghurst Parish Council is dedicated to preserving its remarkable legacy by fostering an environment in which farming, education and tourism can continue to thrive and benefit local businesses and services.
- The gardens at Goddards Green, Angley Road, Cranbrook, TN17 3LR will be open on Sunday 3rd July, noon – 4pm ...Read full story
- Cranbrook Ward Notice of Casual Vacancy LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT, 1972 (SEC. 87(2)) 9th June 2022 NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has ...Read full story
- For confidential advice from West Kent Domestic Abuse One Stop Shop – meetings are on the second and fourth Thursday ...Read full story
- For more details visit www.cranbrookjuniorsfc.co.ukRead full story
- The gardens at Goddards Green, Angley Road, Cranbrook, TN17 3LR will be open on Sunday 1st May, noon – 4pm ...Read full story