18th May 2021

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE CRANBROOK & SISSINGHURST NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN STEERING GROUP HELD ON 18TH MAY 2021

PRESENT:  Cllr. Warne (in the Chair), Cllr. Pethurst, Cllr. Hatcher and Marion Cranmer, Liz Daley and Matt Warne.

APOLOGIES:  Anne Hopper, June Bell and Jeremy Boxall

Cllr. Warne read out the following statement:

Members are required to declare any interests, dispensations, predetermination on items on this agenda in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct.  Members are reminded that changes to the Register of Interests should be notified to the Clerk.

  1. Election of Vice Chairman:

Cllr. Warne proposed Cllr. Pethurst for the position of Vice Chairman, seconded by Cllr. Hatcher and agreed.

  • Response to TWBC Local Plan Consultation:

Cllr. Warne agreed to write a response to the TWBC public consultation on its Pre-Submission Local Plan which ends on 4th June 2021.  Discussion took place on items which were of concern regarding Cranbrook & Sissinghurst Parish.  Points to be raised included the fact that TWBC did not help the NDP in relation to site assessment and allocation work, although some training was provided by which time this process had already been collated.  TWBC did not give due regard or support to the Neighbourhood Plan as it says quite clearly in the Consultation Report that support will be given which was never forthcoming. In the Development Management Policy 6.25 there is no mention of Neighbourhood Plans which in contrary to NPPF Section 125.    Several other points were raised which would be incorporated in the response.  Liz Daley pointed out that this is an important opportunity to raise questions even if you are unsure of the planning/legal process.  Matt Warne asked that the Lighting Policy EN8 be questioned and amended to a higher standard to reflect the fact that we are in a AONB setting.  It was also agreed to mention the Turnden Site and the fact that it was the wishes of the community to have smaller sites.  Members were invited to forward any concerns which they had to her so that they could be incorporated in the response.  Cllr. Warne agreed to circulate her response to members so that they could make amendments if they so wished before forwarding it to Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.

3.  Stakeholder Engagement:

Cllr. Warne reported on a meeting recently held with a landowner in Hartley to discuss future possibilities for the site.

Fernham Homes had also been in contact seeking a meeting regarding a site in Hartley.  No date for this meeting had been scheduled.

4.  Design Group:

Elaine Capon had produced a picture directory to be included in the Design Guide.  Cllr. Warne explained that there was a little more work to be undertaken. 

5.  Timeline:

Cllr. Warne had informed Deborah Dixon that the NDP group would aim to produce the draft plan by the end of July.

6.  NDP Consultation Responses:

Marion Cranmer reported that the Heritage and Design and Community & Culture Chapters were nearing completion and would be forwarded to Richard Eastham together with the response from Historic England who are a Statutory Consultee.  It was agreed to use the Historic England’s terminology as suggestion in their response to the Reg. 14 consultation. Marion Cranmer agreed to liaise with June Bell and Annie Hopper before these Chapters are forwarded to Richard Eastham.

The Business & Employment Chapter needed more work and consideration would be given to removing the Farmsteads Policy as it already appeared in the Heritage and Design Chapter.  Cllr. Pethurst agreed to circulate this to members for their views.

The Infrastructure Chapter requires updating to incorporate responses received and this would be undertaken by Matt Warne.

Access & Movement Chapter still requires work and Cllr. Pethurst agreed to liaise with Jeremy Boxhall.

With regard to the Landscape and Natural Environment Chapter it was agreed that Cllr. Warne would arrange a zoom meeting to update and incorporate views received via email.  The following agreed to attend:  Cllr. Warne, Cllr, Hatcher, Cllr. Pethurst, Liz Daley and Matt Warne.

7.  Items for Information:

It was agreed to hold a Consultation Response meeting via zoom on Wednesday 2nd June 2021.

The next meeting of the NDP Steering Group is scheduled to take place on Monday 28th June 2021 at 7pm.

Skip to content